Head Teachers Letter
Dear Parents and Carers, 25th February 2021
We are looking forward to once again welcoming back all the children to school from Monday 8th March 2021. The staff have been amazing throughout this challenging time teaching the majority of the school online as well as supporting those key workers children in school.
We continue to take every precaution for the safety and wellbeing of the children, staff and parents. From Monday 8th March all parents are asked to wear a mask whilst they are on the school premises. This additional measure will be reviewed in accordance with both the government guidelines and the data for the number of coronavirus cases. All school staff will wear a mask on the playground at the start and end of the school day. The staff have been doing twice weekly lateral flow tests since January and will continue to do so in accordance with the school’s guidance. Staff are not required to wear masks in school. Please be aware of social distancing and respecting other people’s space when you are on the school premises and in the carpark.
As a school we recognise that the children will have had a wide range of personal experiences during these past few months. Our priority when the children return must be their wellbeing before anything else. On Friday 12th March we will be having a whole school outdoor learning day. We are delighted to be working with Wild Classrooms again.
From 8th March the school will operate in the same way as in terms 1 and 2.
School from 8th March 2021:
- Oak class and Willow class should arrive at 8.50am
- Silver Birch and Acorn class should arrive at 9am
- Oak class and Willow class will need to be collected at 3.20pm
- Silver Birch and Acorn class should be collected at 3.10pm
- All children must wear the full Eastling Primary School uniform including black school shoes and the correct PE kit.
- Children must bring in their own water bottle each day.
Break and lunch times:
- The infants and juniors will be kept in separate bubbles for lunch and playtimes.
- We will continue to use our outdoor space as much as possible (weather permitting)
The children will wash their hands when they arrive at school and at regular intervals throughout the day. There is antibacterial hand gel in all the classrooms which the children will be encouraged to use. The junior classrooms will be arranged in rows following the government guidelines. The teachers will remind the children of the routines when they return to school.
- Surfaces will be cleaned during the day as well as at the end of the day
- Additional soap, antibacterial gel and wipes have been purchased and will be used by all the staff
- Bins will be emptied at least daily
- Tissues will be readily available to all the children
Morning club will run daily from 8am starting Monday 8th March. After school clubs will remain as either Key Stage one or two as in the autumn term except for Charlton Athletics Sports Club. Key worker children will be prioritised for after school club places. Mrs Travers will be sending out a letter for morning club and after school clubs.
Mrs M. Dale