Mexican Chilli Beef with Chocolate, Sweetcorn Rice served with Tortilla Chips and Sour Cream
I Onion Sliced thinly
I/2 small Red Pepper sliced
1/2 small Yellow Pepper sliced
500g Minced Beef
4 Spring Onions thinly sliced
125g Fresh Coriander
1 x 400g Chopped Tinned Tomatoes
1 heaped teaspoon Cajun Spice
100g Easy Cook Long Grain Rice
1 small tin Sweetcorn
1 small tin Kidney Beans
2 tbls Sour Cream
25g Dark Chocolate
1 tbls Vegetable Oil
1. In a large bowl mix the minced beef with the cajun spice. This mix is best left to marinade for 1 hour.
2. To make the chilli first fry off the onions in the oil until soft. Add the minced beef and cook until the minced beef is brown.
3. Add the peppers and continue to cook until the peppers are slightly soft.
4. Add the kidney beans and stir through. Now add the chopped tinned tomatoes and stir until the chilli starts to simmer.
5. Add the fresh coriander, spring onions and gently stir through the chocolate until melted. Simmer very slowly for 5 minutes.
6. The rice can be cooked simmering with the sweetcorn once the chilli is made.
7. Serve the chilli with sour cream and tortilla chips
8. Enjoy the sweetness of the chocolate in the chilli.